The process for applying in Hungary for study visa are:
1. Firstly you need to select the university and courses which matches your previous study background and as per the requirement of the university.
2. After making decision, it’s time to get enroll in the university and issue the offer letter. For Offer letter you need to submit following documents:
- Passport copy
- Educational Documents
- English Recommendation Letter from School/ College OR IETLS certificate
3. Then the university will issue the offer letter with or without Skype interview varies on the university requirement. Then after you need to send application fee and tuition fee. For this you need to make NOC.
4. Along with this you need to arrange all other documents as per the checklist mentioned by Embassy of Hungary.
- Attestation of SLC and +2 documents from National Examination Board, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur and Bachelor from related University Head. Or if done from any other country verifying in the related Embassy after taking equivalent Letter from related office and MOFA , Then from MOE, Kesharmahal, Kathmandu and then Department of Consular Service, MOFA, Kathmandu, Nepal (Opposite of MOE) .(Attestation should be done in 1 original and 2 good photocopy quality)
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from Ministry of Education
- Updated CV
- Statement of Purpose or Motivational Letter
- Sponsorship Letter/ Affidavit
- Bank Balance Certificate and Statement (Up to 3 months statement required if possible)
- Birth Certificate (Attested from MOFA)
- Relationship Certificate
- Property Valuation
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proof of All Income Source
- Citizenship of father and mother
- Police Report
- CA Report
5. Accordingly you need to prepare for the interview also as there will be interview during your document submission with visa officer.
6. In the same time you need to send the tuition fee to the university bank account as mentioned in the offer letter. As per the rule of the university, you can either send the tuition fee in electronic form i.e. Swift transfer or Can make Demand Draft.(In demand draft the amount is freeze in the bank account of sender till the university receives the original bank draft which is sent after the visa only). Tuition fee can only be transferred from either yours or mother’s or father’s account not more than that. Account holder must have Pan Card if more than 5000 USD should be transferred.
7. After sending the tuition fee, university will issue the Invitation Letter and Letter of Accommodation and courier them to you as original documents needs to be submitted during visa lodgement.
8. In the mean time, there is process of booking the appointment date. To book the appointment date, you need to send email to email@example.com along with scan copy of the passport and invitation letter. Sometimes university does it for you.
After booking is confirmed, a letter stating your appointment date will be sent to your mail. Application form should be filled self downloading from the website. For this you need to have the complete Passport Details, Your University Details and Your Intended Date to Travel. Always remember that Intended date to travel should be not more than a week earlier from class commencement date and try not to keep in the Saturday and Sunday. You can amend them later too before printing.
Also for student APPENDIX 14 SHOULD BE FILLED OUT.
9. After the date booking, you need to make Travel Medical Insurance (Plan A to C) for the period of 1 year.
10. In the booked date you need to be in the Embassy as per the checklist provided on their website. During the date of document submission student need to face the interview. In the embassy you need to pay INR 4750 and they accept only card NO CASH.
12. After 21 days to 90 days of the interview, you will get notification regarding collection of your passport in your email. It is not compulsory that you need to be there in Embassy to collect the passport. You can authorize some other trust-able person for the passport collection. You need to take your token slip, authorization letter if any and your national identity card. Passport collection time is on Mondays through Thursdays at 14:30-15:30.
13. After the collection you will get the decision Accept or Reject.
Accept: Congratulation you have made it. Now proceed ahead for the flight reservation.
Reject: In case of Rejection you have two options:
- Appeal for the reviewing the denial of visa: For this you need to visit Embassy or VFS till 14 days of collection of your documents. You need to be there with
- Appeal letter
- New Itinerary (If Needed)
- Refusal Letter
- And again you need to pay the visa charge i.e. 1590 Euro
- Refund of the tuition fee: For this we will mail the University for the Refund along with the refusal letter. If you have done swift before it may take till 3 months to get the fee refunded and If Draft then within an hour the fee will be refunded.
13. After Acceptance of your visa you need to reimburse the Demand Draft (if demand draft is made previously) and send tuition fee in the university bank account through swift transfer.
14. Now it’s time to arrange for the air ticket. It may cost around 500-600 Euro. After the ticket confirmation, you needs to arrange for the airport pickup and accommodation placement. Also you need to inform the university about your visa and ticket to make OK TO BOARD.
16. Then after you need to exchange 1000 Euro (as pocket money to cover the initial expenses) from any commercial bank. You need to request the bank to make chop in the conformed air ticket and passport.
17. As everything is managed it’s time for final departure orientation. Also you should travel to Hungary during the flight as per the checklist mentioned below:
- Original educational documents (for Bachelor students higher secondary certificate + mark sheet + apostles / Master students: bachelor`s degree + mark sheet + apostles and additionally higher secondary certificate with mark sheets but without apostles),
- 6 identical photographs,
- Offer letter, Invoice, Invitation Letter
- Passport with visa,
- NOC Copy,
- Flight Ticket with chop of 1000 euro
- Swift Copy,
- Fee transfer form,
- 1000 Euro and need to chop in Air ticket and Passport
- Warm Clothes
- Pressure cooker
- Basic medicine for headache, stomach ache, common cold, fever, etc
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SHOWER IMMEDIATELY AFTER REACHING THERE
18. After reaching to the university always remember to provide original documents and photographs to the college for the further processing of making identity card.