Australia, Commonwealth of Australia
, is a sovereign country consisting of Australian continent, the island of Tasmania, and number of smaller islands. It is surrounded by Indian and Pacific Ocean. It is the largest country in Oceania and the world’s sixth-largest country by total area. The population of 25.6 million people reside in area of 7,692,024 km2
. Its capital city is Canberra and its largest city is Sydney. Australia is the oldest, flattest
and driest inhabited continent in world. Australia is a highly developed country with the world’s 14th largest economy. It has a high income economy with tenth highest per capita income.
FACTS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
Australia, Commonwealth of Australia
: 7,692,024 km square
: 25,644,900 (2020)
: $1.375 trillion (13th
as per 2020)
Per capita income
: $52,952 (10th
as per 2020)
: 0.938 very high (6th as per 2018)
: Australian Dollar
STATES AND TERRITORIES ALONG WITH ITS CAPITAL
STATES WITH ITS CAPITAL
New South Wales: Sydney
Western Australia: Perth
South Australia: Adelaide
TERRITORY WITH ITS CAPITAL
Australian Capital Territory: Canberra
Northern Territory: Darwin
EDUCATION SYSTEM OF AUSTRALIA
Talking about Education System of Australia, students pursue Primary Education till 6 or 7 grade and then they proceed for Secondary Level. Till grade 10 it is compulsory to study but after that they will get multiple options. After grade 10 they can join vocation courses like Certificate Level I, II and III. But whoever study up to 11 grade can join directly Certificate III. Then after both graduates as well as level 12 graduates can study Certificate Level IV leading towards Diploma and Advance Diploma. The applicants who had completed Advance Diploma can choose pathway program for Bachelor 2- 4th
years but who had completed grade 12 can join Bachelor 3 year’s course. Both graduates can join 1 years Bachelor (Hons) Degree or Graduate Certificate or Diploma leads to Masters and PhD level.
It has 42 universities
among which 3 of them are private and remaining public as per Wikipedia. The universities of Australia are ranked among top 500 universities
in world and provide universally accepted degree.
REASONS WHY STUDENTS CHOOSE AUSTRALIA:
- One of the top destinations for international students
Australia is being top 3 study destination for the international students after US and UK. Most of the international student makes Australia a study destination because of highly recognized universities and the degree provided by it.
- Exchange of culture and transaction
International Students have the opportunity to experience the unique lifestyle of Australia by joining trips, social activity and events. There are many cultural festivals where international students can exchange ideas, knowledge. Studying in Australia gives you an opening to world class education prospects, a fun lifestyle and the chance to gain the wider benefits for your career.
- Any course and specialization are welcome
Since some of the Australia’s universities are top ranked in the world, they provide various kind of courses and their specialization of different degrees and majors. Whether you are studying engineering or English, medicine or Mathematics, there are plenty of different options and combinations to choose in Australia if you meet the eligibility.
- Available of internship
We believe that getting education only is not enough; you need to get experience in the field of education. After that only you can get proper knowledge about the things that you have learnt. And in Australia it is possible because after completion of your course you will get internship opportunities to make your experience.
- PSW after completion of course
After completion of the study you can get up to 3 years of PSW in Austral as per your level and courses. This period work as perfect period to get some renowned experience in Australian Circumstances.
- Availability of Job opportunities
There are more possibility of job and opportunity in Australia as it is highly developed country in industrial and tourism sector. Students can get chance to work in restaurant, departmental store etc. They can earn AU$ 15-18 per hour. As per the rule you can work 20 hrs per week during your study days and during vacation you can work 40 hrs per week.
While applying for any country student should go through three aspects. If you meet those 3 aspects you can apply in that country and university.
- Academic Requirement
For Australia, an applicant must completed higher secondary education (10+2) for Bachelor and Bachelor for Masters Degree. The requirements to get admission are:
For VET Course: [Diploma and Advance Diploma (2 or 2.5 yrs) then 1-3 year university for Bachelor]
Gap: 2 years (Gap fulfillment reason)
For Bachelor Level (3 years)
Academic: 60% and above
Gap: 2 years (Gap fulfillment reason)
For Masters Level (2 yrs)
Academic: 60% and above
Gap: No gap issues (Gap fulfillment reason)
- English Requirement:
It’s compulsory to have English Language Certificates to get admission in any university or colleges of Australia. To get enrolled in different level, you need to have separate score.
For VET Course:
IELTS: 5.5 overall, not less than 5.5 in each band
For Bachelor Level (3 years):
IELTS: 6 overall, not less than 5.5 in each band
For Masters Level (2 yrs):
IELTS: 6.5 overall, not less than 6 in each band
- Financial requirement:
You need to arrange lots of things during your processing time for the visa like Application and tuition fee, accommodation charges in Australia, documents for visa, Travel medical Insurance, Visa charge, Air ticket and so on. The over-all cost for applying in Australia comes around 15-25 lakhs (depending on courses and institution). So if you and your family can afford this you, you can make mind to apply in Australia.
Talking about the intakes, if you are going for VET courses, colleges offer courses in the interval of every 2 months.
1. Firstly applicant need to select the university and courses which matches their previous study background.
2. After the applicant make a decision, it’s time to get enroll in the university and issue the offer letter. For Offer letter you need to submit following documents:
- English Language Certificate,
- Educational certificate (SLC, +2, Bachelor whatever academic docs you have)
- Gap Justification (internship, skills/work experience certificate)
- Statement of Purpose or Motivational Letter
- Marriage Certificate (if any)
3. Then the university will provide the offer letter within 10-14 days (maximum 30 days).
4. In this meantime, you need to arrange all other documents as per the checklist mentioned by High Commission of Australia
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from Ministry of Education
- Updated CV,
- Statement of Purpose or Motivational Letter (Need to be best as visa officer give more focus in SOP)
- Sponsorship Letter
- Maintaining good transaction in the bank account of yours or your father mother or siblings for Bank Balance Certificate and Statement (Up to 3 months statement required if possible)
- Relationship Certificate
- Property Valuation
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proof of All Income Source
- Citizenship of father and mother
- Audit Report
- CA Report
- Address verification
5. After making all the documents ready we need to notarized all the documents from verified lawyers and it’s time to send all of them for GTE Assessment to the university/college. Its takes around 1-2 weeks for getting GTE approval.
6. Whenever the university approve all the documents, now it’s time to send the tuition fee and for that student need to make the NOC from Ministry of Education, Kesharmahal, Kathmandu, Nepal
7. After this students need to send the tuition fee to the university/College bank account as mentioned in the offer letter. If you are getting enrolled in college you need to send the full year tuition fee but if you chooses university you can transfer one semester fee or full as per the availability. In case of Australia you need to pay for Overseas Health Insurance Cover and the amount is paid along with tuition fee as it is mentioned in the offer letter.
8. After sending the tuition fee, university/college issues Confirmation of Enrollment (COE) within 1 week.
9. In the meantime you need to appear for the medical test. For this you should book appointment date by creating Hap Id you can book for the date. You can book appointment date of either IOM or Norvic Hospital. The documents you need to submit when going for medical are
- Original passport with its photocopy
- Passport size photo
- Application form
- Referral letter
- Cash (Depends on availability of date and medical centre)
10. It takes around 1 weeks to get your medical report. After you clear your medical it’s time for the bio-metric and for this we need to take appointment from VFS Global from website
. Always you need to book appointment date after 3-4 days as online visa should be lodged before that. After booking date you will get appointment letter in your email.
11. After this it’s time to lodge the visa online before going for Bio-metric. In case of visa lodgment of Australia you need to create immi account from the website
. The visa charge of Australia is 620 AUD (Additional 460 AUD in addition to each member)
12. After lodgment of visa in the booked date you need to visit VFS Global in the prior time and go for the Bio-metric. You need to make draft of Rs. 3233 for the bio-metric.
Docs required for the bio-metric
- Original passport,
- Bio-metric appointment letter
- Demand Draft of bio-metric fee
- Visa Lodge paper
13. After around one month of visa lodgment you will get notification on mail about the acceptance or refusal of the visa.
14. After getting visa it’s time to arrange for the air ticket. It may cost around 1000 AUD.
15. After the ticket confirmation, you needs to inform the university or your any known person with whom you relates for the arrangement for the airport pickup and accommodation placement.
16. Now the student needs to exchange money for pocket money for meeting the expenses incurred in the Australia. You can exchange AUD equivalent upto 1000 USD from any commercial bank.
17. As everything is managed it’s time for final departure orientation for the student. Also an applicant should travel to Australia during the flight as per the checklist mentioned below:
- Original educational documents (for Bachelor students higher secondary certificate + mark sheet + apostles / Master students: bachelor`s degree + mark sheet +
apostles and additionally higher secondary certificate with mark sheets but without apostles),
- 6 identical photographs,
- Offer letter and COE
- Paper visa
- NOC Copy,
- Flight Ticket with chop of 1000 euro
- Swift Copy,
- Fee transfer form,
- Exchanged currency and need to chop in Air ticket and Passport
- Clothes as per the weather
- Pressure cooker
- Basic medicine for headache, stomach ache, common cold, fever, etc
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SHOWER IMMEDIATELY AFTER REACHING THERE
18. After reaching to the university always remember to provide original documents and photographs to the college for the further processing.
GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant)
It is an approval system where University verifies all the documents and makes the decision whether applicants can stay/study in the Australia or not.
IMPORTANCE OF BIO-METRIC WHILE LODGING FOR VISA
- It protects you from identity fraud
- It makes your travel to any country safer
- It helps in secure our borders
- It is very important to check anyone criminal history
Government stores the bio-metrics and when you enter in any country, they might take your bio-metrics again and compare them to your stored bio-metrics to confirm your identity. They collect, store and use the bio-metrics in line with the requirements of the Migration Act and the Privacy Act.
STUDENT VISA (SUBCLASS 500)
You can include family member i.e. your partner when you lodge your visa application.You must declare your family members in your student visa application even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, your family members will not be eligible for a student visa to join you in Australia.
VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd., Chhaya Centre, Thamel,Kathmandu