Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, is a landlocked country surrounded by Belgium to the west and north, Germany to the east, and France to the south. Its capital, Luxembourg City, is one of the four official capitals of the European Union. It is a developed country with an advanced economy and one of the world’s highest GDP per capita. The country is also renowned for being one of the safest nations in the world, making the perfect destination for any international student.
FACTS ABOUT LUXEMBOURG
Country: Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Area: 2,586.4 km2
Climate: Winter (Dec–Feb) is mild. Summer (Jun–Aug) is cool. Rain and humidity occur year-round. Apr–Aug is the peak travel time.
Population: 613,894 as per January 2019
Capital: Luxembourg City
Six biggest cities: Diekirch, Grevenmacher, Echternach, Wiltz, Vianden, and Remich.
Official language: Luxembourgish, French and German
GDP: $77.436 billion as per 1st April 2018
According to the World Bank (2018), Luxembourg is the second country with the highest GDP per capita
Per capita income: $125,364 (as per 1st April 2018)
HDI: 0.909 (21st Rank as per 1st April 2018)
Calling code: +352
Literacy rate: 99%
The living cost of the Luxembourg is little higher than that of its neighboring country. The normal living cost will be 700-1000 Euro for international students caries as per the necessity of student and their place of location.
Accommodation: Private accommodation can get close to 600 EUR while housing in the university dormitory costs around 380 EUR per month
Food: 300 € to 350 € per month
While applying for any country student should go through three aspects. If you meet those 3 aspects you can apply in that country and university.
- Academic Requirement
For Luxembourg, an applicant must completed Bachelor level for Masters Degree as there is only program for Masters Level. If you had secured 75 % or above in your academic in Bachelor Degree, you can apply for the Masters. An applicant with gap up to 4 to 5 years can apply. If Applicant has completed 3 years Bachelor Degree and 2 years Master Degree then they can apply. In some University 3 years Bachelor directly can apply in Masters.
And if applicant has completed 4 years Bachelor Degree then they can apply Master Degree.
- English Requirement:
English language requirement is compulsory to apply in Luxembourg. IELTS with over all 6.5 not less than 6 in each band is compulsion point.
- Financial requirement:
As the tuition fee is Free of Cost or Low, you need not have to worry in the expenses. You need to arrange lots of things during your processing time for the visa like Application Fee, Tuition Fee (if any), Preparation of Documents for visa, Visa charge, Air ticket and so on. The over-all cost for these comes around 1.5 or 2 lakhs (differ in case of paid tuition fee). But beside that you need to show financial statement showing around 25 lakhs balance in it.
- If you are planning to study Masters in civil engineering then GRE with 300 points is compulsory as well as 10-12 maps are needed
If you fulfill these eligibility criteria, you can start your procedure choosing nearest intake.
Main intake is September intake and deadline for the intake is from Jan 15 to 1st week of March.
REASONS OF CHOOSING LUXEMBOURG
1. Free education
One of the best side of studying in Luxembourg is there are few public universities which offer the free education program to the eligible students. Also there are other private institutions whose tuition fee starts from 4000 Euro to 17000 Euro or more than that also. So if the student is eligible to study in Luxembourg, He can get good education in free of cost.
2. No Need To Go India
The major problem that the most of the Nepalese students are facing is going India for visa Lodgment for most of the European countries. But actually for the Luxembourg it is not necessary to go to India for visa lodgment. You can lodge your visa VFS Global, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal and collect your documents by yourself too.
3. Crossroad of Europe
The country Luxembourg is situated between Belgium, Germany and France. It is situated in the heart of Europe. With a modern airport, Luxembourg has fast connections to the main European capitals. Also it is one of the schengen countries so it helps students to explore their travelling dream for definite period of time.
4. Country of multilingualism and multiculturalism
Another main aspect or let’s say the benefit of studying in Luxembourg is its multi cultural and language aspect. All types of nationalities are currently residing in the country and it helps in the exchange of the culture and traditions among the students.
5. Language of Study
Though the country is trilingual country, German, French and Luxembourgish are mostly used but student get the course that are taught in English too. So there won’t be any language barrier to the students regarding their method of study.
6. Lifetime Learning Process
After completion of the study the learning phase is not over in the Luxembourg. As you get your degree in hand lots of institution offer you jobs in the country and it helps in earning experience in the country. And this helpd in adding your experience in
7. Excellent Quality Of Life
The small nation offers its 576,200 inhabitants a very good quality of life. According to the international consulting firm Mercer, Luxembourg ranks in 19th position among the most pleasant cities to live in.
8. Free Transportation For The University Students
Another great thing that student can enjoy in the country is public transportation is free for university students, and it is expected to be free for all.
9. Work Visas After Completion Of Studies
Non-EU students having completed their Master’s studies at the Universities of Luxembourg are entitled to apply for a Luxembourg work permit for duration of maximum four years beginning in the period immediately following the successful completion of their study course.
Salary: Basic salary 2,071.10 EUR per month (Jul 2019)
the hourly rate is 9.6636 Euros or 1,671.80 Euros per month. From the age of 18, you will receive 12.0795 Euros per hour and 2,089.75 Euros per month on the basis of full-time unskilled work (40 hours per week)
1. If applicant is eligible to apply in Luxembourg first you need to bring your Passport and all academic documents for the assessment to the university. Also you need to send 200 Euro registration fee.
2. Then the next step is making following documents
- All Academic Documents attested (Double legalization needed)
- Passport photocopy MOFA attested
- IELTS certificate
- MRP Size Photo
- Motivation letter with 2 pages
- Euro pass CV
- Recommendation letter of 2 professors with Name, Phone Number, Email id
- Gap of 2-4 years needed experience letter too
3. Then the next process is making all the documents ready and courier the hard copy to the university before deadline i.e. February. These documents’ hard copy should be couriered to the university till deadline.
4. Then the university issued the acceptance letter after evaluating your documents within 1 month. If it issues the offer letter visa is almost sure.
5. After offer letter you need to make following documents ready for the visa lodgment.
a. Applicants who already have the original authorization to stay and/or letter issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Luxembourg must present the following documents: Individuals travelling under the work/Employment category (D type) must fill their actual or previous employer details in the application form.
- Application form duly filled, dated and signed by the applicant.
- Two set of Document (one set original and one set copy) required.
- Three recent passport size photographs in color on white background. One photo should be pasted (not stapled) on the form, one on a copy of the form and the other photo to be given along with the application.
- National passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel to Luxembourg and with at least 2 blank pages available + 1 copy of the data page of the passport.
- A copy of the confirmed ticket to Luxembourg or the confirmation of the reservation.
- Authorization to stay (original) and/or letter issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Luxembourg (Mandatory).
- Overseas medical travel insurance
b. Applicants who do not have the original authorization to stay and/or letter issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Luxembourg must present the same documents as under point a + the documents as mentioned below:
- Letter of acceptance from the university / proof of admittance in a higher education institution (original)
- Proof of academic qualification (diplomas, certificates)
- A confirmation letter from the Indian institution/university
- Police clearance (Apostle)
- Birth certificate (Apostle)
- A parental authorization for the case that the student has not yet reached the age of 18
- Travel Medical Insurance covering the whole period of stay
- Proof of sufficient fund can be brought:
- By a scholarship certificate or a student loan indicating the allocated amount and the duration.
- By a bank attestation.
- By a financial statement of support
6. After all the documents is ready its time for the visa lodgment. Before lodging the document it’s time to book the appointment date. For booking the date you must visit website . After that you need to fill the applicaton form which can be downloaded from website.
7. After booking appointment date you need to visit the VFS center to submit all the documents listed in the website .
8. After 15-20 days of visa lodgment, you will be called for the documents collection. You can track your application in the website. The duration may get extended to 60 days if they ask for the additional documents
9. About the decision you can only be known after collection only. But in case of Luxembourg if you get the offer letter there is more possibility of getting visa.
10. After acceptance of your visa it’s time to arrange for the air ticket. It may cost around 600 Euro.
11. After the ticket confirmation, an applicant needs to arrange for the airport pickup and accommodation placement.
12. Now the student needs to exchange 1000 Euro (pocket money) from any commercial bank
13. As everything is managed it’s time for final departure orientation for the student. Also an applicant should travel to Poland during the flight as per the checklist mentioned below:
- Original educational documents (for Bachelor students higher secondary certificate + mark sheet + apostles / Master students: bachelor`s degree + mark sheet +
apostles and additionally higher secondary certificate with mark sheets but without apostles),
- 6 identical photographs,
- Offer letter, Invoice, Invitation Letter
- Passport with visa,
- NOC Copy,
- Flight Ticket with chop of 1000 euro
- Swift Copy,
- Fee transfer form,
- 1000 Euro and need to chop in Air ticket and Passport
- Warm Clothes
- Pressure cooker
- Basic medicine for headache, stomach ache, common cold, fever, etc
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SHOWER IMMEDIATELY AFTER REACHING THERE
14. After reaching to the university always remember to provide original documents and photographs to the college for the further processing.